West Glacier Montana Campgrounds
West Glacier is the western entrance to Glacier National Park, so the name describes its location at the southern tip of Lake McDonald. The post office was established in 1949 with Helen Gibb as postmaster. Previous to that, the postal area was known as Belton.
The settlement history of the Flathead Valley is closely tied to the construction of the Great Northern Railroad through the upper Flathead Valley in 1891 and the opening of the Flathead Indian Reservation to homesteaders.
West Glacier, Montana Campgrounds - COAM Member Listings in West Glacier:
There are no active members of COAM in West Glacier Click Here to view all cities where there is active membership.